How to setup an email signature in Rackspace Webmail
Install your HTML email signature in no time, following our easy instruction guide for installing your email signature in Rackspace Webmail.
Before you start
You will need:
- Your email signature file (.html file) open in your web browser, or be logged into your Email Signature Rescue account.
- To be logged into your Rackspace Webmail account.
Where do I find my email signature HTML file?
- If you are an Email Signature Rescue member and are logged into your account, you can open your HTML file directly from your Dashboard, by clicking on the Full Screen Preview button.
- If you have been emailed your HTML file, go to the email and open the file in your web browser.
- If you have your HTML file saved on your computer hard drive, navigate to where you have saved the HTML file and open with your web browser.
- If you don't have an email signature HTML file, join Email Signature Rescue now and get creating!
Written Instructions1Step One
Login to your Rackspace Webmail online and go to Settings which is located at the top right of your Rackspace Webmail Client. Select Composing Email from the side then the Signatures tab which is the third one across.2Step Two
Click the Add New Signature button and give your signature a name.
IMPORTANT: Click on the Enable Formatting link (this will turn to Disable Formatting when it's on).3Step Three
Click on the source code button which will look like this:" < >>
A new window will open allowing you to paste your HTML code into it (If the new window doesn't open, then you have not enabled Formatting - see step above)4Step Four
Switch to your Email Signature Rescue account and select Grab Code on the signature you wish to install. Highlight the HTML code and copy.5Step Five
Switch back to your Rackspace Webmail Client and paste the HTML code into the source code box. Save the signature.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When we installed our signature, after pasting the code and in the email signature preview box, it showed an extra line of text above the signature. Just delete this. This is a bug in the Rackspace Webmail Client.6Step Six
Now make sure to tick the options for how to use your signature, the way you would like it to be used:
- Always show signature when composing an email
- When replying to an email, insert my signature...
- When forwarding an email, insert my signature...
Press Save then compose a new email and send a test email to yourself.
Congratulations! You will now see your brand new email signature when sending emails using Rackspace Webmail.
If you have tried our Recommended Written Instructions or Video Instructions for installing your signature in Rackspace Webmail and you run into any issues, please read through this troubleshooting guide before contacting Support for further help.
There's currently no known issues with Rackspace Webmail. Please submit a ticket from the link below if you experience any issues.
Submit a ticket to our friendly support team who will get back to you as soon as possible.